Thinking of remodeling your kitchen this year?
No doubt, you will begin with researching the latest trends in kitchen design and remodeling. Great place to start. As you create your ideabook, you also need to know what trends to toss & what to keep,! I recommend you toss these 5 kitchen trends to the curb.
- 4″ tile backsplashes are a think of the past. As kitchen design has become more transitional, clean line & simple, this tile application is becoming extinct. The 18″ between countertops and upper cabinets creates a canvas for use of full tile, glass or stone applications
- Farmhouse sinks with apron fronts are less popular. As more trends are leaning more contemporary, fully integrated sinks and countertops enhance a clean, seamless style. While not totally obselete, stainless farmhouse sinks maintain a more timeless application.
- Focal range hoods or hanging pot racks are gone! Range hoods, functional and sleek, now quietly function over cooktops without notice. Pots and pans stored out of sight in drawers offer easy access. Current kitchen design trends that are cleanlined, spacious and functional continue to reign supreme.
- Appliance garages, desks and various niches are being integrated into more functional design solutions. Key in today’s kitchen is ample counter space. Appliances find storage in cabinets, desks disappear into docking stations and niches find speciality inserts in cabinetry.
- Trash Compactors, counter microwaves & instant hot water/soap dispensers – GONE! Prone to maintenance issues, taking up counter space and clutter, these faded “WOWS” are no longer current on wish lists for kitchen remodels. Like other “has beens”, these past trends give it up for fresh designs and better integrated solutions for a more functional kitchen.
I ‘ll bet you have some of these past trend setters in your kitchen today!
So, as you compile your kitchen remodeling ideabook, honor the past and move forward quickly to the future!